Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Triplets, 14 Days Old

11/18: Today our babies are TWO WEEKS OLD!! Amazing how fast time is going!! Austin is doing better today and they took him off CPAP! What a relief!!! He had such a rough day yesterday with it!! I left the hospital crying because he looked so uncomfortable and there was nothing we could do to help him!! The CPAP was necessary and good for him but it looks like a little torture device on his sweet little face! Today he is recovering from the swelling the CPAP creates and is looking great!!! He now has to wear the canula--tubes in his little nose for a few days to help regulate his breathing!! Matthew got to wear clothes for the first time ever! YAY!! This means progress! I have to tell you that I have not dressed the babies at all! Rob has!! He is such a good daddy!!! Emily continues doing extremely well! She is such a an over achiever and will not be outdone by her brothers!!
Important Updates:
Austin weighed in at 3 lbs 8 oz
Matthew weighed in at 3 lbs 7 1/2 oz
Emily weighed in at 3 lbs 10 oz
Mom is doing well! Still keeping up with milk production for the babies! I am healing and am off the pain killers. I am trying to only take them as needed for pain! I am still taking antibiotics!
Dad is doing well! He is keeping up with all our household chores! Sometimes it is really hard to see because I can't really help him and he does so much! I know he is extremely tired!! He is such a great husband and an even greater FATHER! I love you, ROB!!

Austin
Matthew with his new Giraffe PJsEmily with her new Pink PJs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH, I saw all the pictures from Christy and my oh my---Do you need a new camera yet? Now is the time to get the video camera if you do not have one. Make it the babies' Christmas gift.

Nellie and Rob the kiddos look great. Lydia was thrilled to hear they got to wear PJs. You should have seen her eyes when Christy told her over the phone. That young lady is amazing to show the kind of compassion for others at her young age. I do believe she has wonderful parents. I am the lucky one to have those kind of families in the preschool. There are many more like them.

So, keep up the good work. I do agree that Rob is an amazing Dad and Husband. I will be so excited when the day comes that I get to meet the 5 of you. That sounds so cool----the 5 of you.
Connie VH