Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, July 14, 2008

14 WEEKS

14 JUL: WE have made it to our 2nd Trimester!!! Wahhoooooo!!!

16 JUL: I was rear-ended on H-1 today, yet again! I was terrified. I was fine but I was soooo scared for our little ones! As it turned out, I made the TV news and radio. Not sure how it got so blown out of proportion but the news said a pregnant woman with triplets was giving birth on H-1!!!! OMG!!!! We spent all morning in the ER and we were able to see all 3 heartbeats on ultrasound! We went home and I slept until 2pm. We had our regulary scheduled OB appt on this day. I was really happy about this so we had another exam and ultrasound. Everything checked out ok!!! The babies are doing well!!! Never a dull moment in our lives. BTW, Rob is recoving well too! I gave him quite the scare!!!

Our babies at 14 weeks:
Thyroid gland has matured and begins producing hormones which will be used throughout his or her life.
In boys, the prostate gland develops.
In girls, the ovaries move from the abdomen to the pelvis.
They may have learned to suck their thumbs by this point!
Their bones are getting harder and stronger by the day!
Their skin is very transparent still.
Lanugo (very fine hair) covers their body and will continue to grow until 26 weeks gestational age - Generally this will be shed prior to birth. Its purpose is to help protect baby's skin while in all that water!
The babies are about 3.42 inches (8.7cm) long and weigh about 1.52 ounces (43 grams) - approximately the weight of a letter!

No comments: