Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sharing the News

22 MAY: So we have been sharing our fantasitic news with everyone! I think people are in just as much shock as we are!! It is quite shocking to believe that I have 3 babies growing inside me!!! OMG! We are having 3 babies---I would like to say that the shock has worn off but I would be lying!!! In the meantime, I am still doing progesterone shots. Extremely painful but very much needed!
About our Babies at 6 WKS:
*The arms and legs continue to develop - These limbs are stretching out more and more.
*Brain is growing well - Did you know that over the course of the remaining months their brains will develop over 100 billion neurons?
*Lenses of the eyes appear.
*Nostrils are formed - The position of the nose seems to shift into its proper place as well. Soon, the nerves running from the nose to the brain appear.
*Intestines grow - Initially these are actually located outside the baby's body within the umbilical cord.
*Pancreas - Babies are now equipped to deal with digestive enzymes and take on processing the insulin and glucagons the body needs to function.

No comments: