Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, May 2, 2008

WE DID IT!!!

2 MAY: I went to work. I was nervous all morning and watched the clock very closely. As soon as it was 7am, I left my office to go to the lab to get my blood drawn for the test. I called my doctor's office and spoke to the nurse and told them that I did not want the test results given to me until 2pm when I was home with Rob. They understood, of course, and agreed to call me at home after 2pm.
That morning Rob had an appt at Ford to have the truck looked at. So, around 10am he called me and said they wanted to keep the truck for a few hours and if I could pick him up. I said yes and I left my office to go pick him up in Pearl City. On our way back to my office from Pearl City we decided to call the doctor to see if the results were in. The nurse was busy so we left her a msg. When we finally parked at my office building, I got out of the car and looked at Rob and said "should we try to call her again?"
We called again. We were sitting in my car. She said do you want the results now? We were on speaker phone.....
She said....you did it! YOU'RE PREGNANT!!!! My 1st Beta results were 215. The numbers were good and solid!!!
Rob and I sat in the car in the Lockheed Martin parking lot for a while. I cried. My manly man might have shed a tear as well. This was very emotional! We were so thankful and happy!!! Getting to this point--of finally having a positive was so incredible!! Words can not express how we felt!!!

No comments: