Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Single Parenting and Oreos

1/17 - 1-22: Rob left on the 17th to go TDY to TN. This time his trip didn't cause as much anxiety as previous trips! Our nap schedules are pretty solid. Usually--90% of the time--the babies nap in the morning and in the afternoon. That usually gives me about 45 min to an hour so that I can shower, clean, do laundry, etc. In addition, the babies are sleeping through the night. It as hard not having someone here to share my time with---and to talk to though! It does get lonely for adult conversation...I do talk to the babies alot--they probably think I am nuts! Kathryn, our Special Instruction Therapist, has become a really good friend and she did stop by to help with night time routines one night! Thanks Kathryn! I appreciated the adult conversation and also appreciated the many phone calls to see if I was still sane!
This was the morning that Rob left. This is our usual lunch. We all love veggies! We love green beans, carrots, peas, broccoli & sweet potatoes. We also love chicken and cheese!!
So one day for afternoon snack--after we had yogurt and fruit--I gave them one Oreo cookie! This is the first OREO cookie they had ever eaten! They loved it of course and had so much fun eating it!! Just look at their happy faces!
"I pull it apart and eat the center first"--Matthew
"cookie, yes, I will have another!" Austin
"These are soooo yummy! -- Emily
"Delicious!"

No comments: