Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, June 9, 2008

9 WEEKS

9 JUN: This weekend I got a cold. I was pretty miserable and could not sleep very well. Really congested. I rubbed Vicks under my nose all night!! Well, upon reading, "What to Expect when Expecting", I found out that congestion is normal during pregnancy. Why? The high levels of estrogen and progesterone in the body increase blood flow which causes the mucus membranes to swell. Those membranes produce more mucus than ever trying to keep infections and germs at bay. Also, the stuffiness may get worse as the pregnancy progresses!! Very interesting!!
I have an appt with the Nurse Practitioner at Kaiser this afternoon. It's a simple appt--just to take medical history and do all my lab work!
My sister and her family will be leaving today!!! I am sad!! We have had such a wonderful time!!
Our babies at 9 WKS:
*Baby has begun movement - While still too small for to feel, they are wriggling, shifting, and dancing already! Makes you almost wish for a window to peek in whenever you want!
*Most joints are formed now - our little ones are practicing bending and flexing.
*Fetus will curve its fingers around an object placed in the palm of its hand.
*Fingerprints are already evident in the skin
Average size this week -- length 0.9 inch (2.3cm), weight 0.07 ounce (2gm).

No comments: